Ancona Duck Hatch incoming!! (Maybe early?!?!?!?)

fl.gif
caf.gif

Not yet.. they are starting to zip.... i think anyways. The wait is killing me ( but then its only been 10 hours since pip) i hear it can take 36. I can see my bator when i close my eyes lol.

They are here!!!!!! It was a long, long, long night. Really cant stress how long lol. All three hatched, and are apparently healthy, eating and drinking. I was up all night, but it was sooo worth it! This is technically day 26, so they are two days early!!! They are all strong, and very vocal :) Hatch went well, everything absorbed, so i cant tell any negative effects of them being that early. According to Dave Holderread in "Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks" the temperature should be around 99.25, mine was held at 99.5 so maybe thats why. Ether way, everything worked out and i'd like to thank everyone for their advice and good wishes!

Here are the three siblings :) (first pic is the spunky little guy who hatched first)

Waking up from a well deserved nap :)

They are here!!!!!! It was a long, long, long night. Really cant stress how long lol. All three hatched, and are apparently healthy, eating and drinking. I was up all night, but it was sooo worth it! This is technically day 26, so they are two days early!!! They are all strong, and very vocal :) Hatch went well, everything absorbed, so i cant tell any negative effects of them being that early. According to Dave Holderread in "Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks" the temperature should be around 99.25, mine was held at 99.5 so maybe thats why. Ether way, everything worked out and i'd like to thank everyone for their advice and good wishes!

Here are the three siblings :) (first pic is the spunky little guy who hatched first)

Early hatches usually indicate temp is too high, but that's ok!!!! Look at those beautiful babies!!! I still have two weeks until mine hatch!!!!

Adorable :) Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom