Ancona Duckling tail feathers

Well Jatz looks nothing like the parents, I wish I could help.

As for quacking, I had one Runner duckling that took forever to let me know what she was sex wise. She was probably close if not older than 6 weeks. She still doesn't make much noise.
But whatever your little one is breed and sex it's a beautiful duck.

Well Jatz looks nothing like the parents, I wish I could help.

As for quacking, I had one Runner duckling that took forever to let me know what she was sex wise. She was probably close if not older than 6 weeks. She still doesn't make much noise.
But whatever your little one is breed and sex it's a beautiful duck.
My sweet Maple doesn't quack that much at all. Just when she's separated from her friends.

When did you bring them home? How soon after did she hatch eggs? Do you have any other drakes or ducks? The ducklings in the photo have the ancona markings, but even when younger, the one posted did not have the markings.
Months after. And no, there's are my only ducks. One of the ducklings looks like my jatz but the rest are spotty.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that these aren't pure ancona but a mix. I say this one due to the offspring, but two, their coloring is quite blocky. Ancona ducks generally have more white in between the coloring to make it look spotted.
In the realm of things, this only matters if you were wanting to breed for the heritage. Other than that it doesn't matter. 😊

Just throwing in a newer picture of Jatzie. :) doesn't look like his mum much 🤣
20211217_195051.jpg

Back
Top Bottom