Ancona Ducks- Exporting hatching eggs to the UK

DancingWthDucks

Songster
7 Years
Feb 21, 2016
Cumbria, UK
Hi all,

I would be intrested in importing some fertile Ancona duck hatching eggs from the US, into the UK. I really love this breed but unfortunately they don't have any in England :( . I know that metzers exports ducklings/ hatching eggs, but unfortunely they don't have Anconas.

My questions are:

1) is it legal to import hatching eggs from the U.S. into England?

2) what are the paperwork/ cetificates needed?

3) would the x-Rays in customs damage the eggs?

4) which Ancona breeders/ hatcheries would you recommend?

I could possibly fly with them in my hand luggage, if it makes them more viable to hatch.

Thanks in Advance

Charlotte

Feel free to message me if you want to chat.
But if you can find out what's required, I would be more than happy to work with you. I breed a top quality flock of anconas (a black flock and a colored flock).
I talked with someone last year about doing this but they gave up before they got far into the process. But I think it would be (most costly) best for the eggs if you could fly them home, carry on luggage, rather than shipping them. Shipping is not only extremely rough, but time consuming. The temps can change drastically depending on when and how they are shipped, and it can take a long time for them to actually reach their destination. Not to mention the risk of shaking (I don't worry much about breakage as I pack my eggs SUPER well and rarely have one arrive broken or cracked).
If you came here and brought them on the plane with you home, I think they would have a much higher chance of hatching as you take all of those crazy variables away

Not sure about the export laws but the Livestock Conservancy has links to breeders in the US. You can search by breed.

Thank you very much learycow, for the great offer- I think I will have to do some more reasearch and speak to DEFRA before starting to make plans.

Gee, I was wondering just the opposite. Since they came from England, I was wondering if there was old stock we could import from there to here.

Gee, I was wondering just the opposite. Since they came from England, I was wondering if there was old stock we could import from there to here.

No, its strange really- even though Anconas are said to come from the UK, only the US seems to have them. I've searched through the internet and all of my duck books but there are no trace of them even existing in the UK :/

Hi all,

I would be intrested in importing some fertile Ancona duck hatching eggs from the US, into the UK. I really love this breed but unfortunately they don't have any in England :( . I know that metzers exports ducklings/ hatching eggs, but unfortunely they don't have Anconas.

My questions are:

1) is it legal to import hatching eggs from the U.S. into England?

2) what are the paperwork/ cetificates needed?

3) would the x-Rays in customs damage the eggs?

4) which Ancona breeders/ hatcheries would you recommend?

I could possibly fly with them in my hand luggage, if it makes them more viable to hatch.

Thanks in Advance

Charlotte
Hi I have two drakes for sale in North Yorkshire - would love them to stay together as been together since hatched and best buddies x

Back
Top Bottom