Ancona Ducks

Pics
Hey guys, figured I'd share some pics of my flock. It's been a while!

Some new kids...

The one on the far right, a bit darker yellow, is a funny story. A friend has a determinedly broody Welsummer, so I asked if she'd park some of my eggs under her. 5 days later, my own duck hen hatched most of these ducklings. Four days after that, my friend texts me a photo of her chicken, with a brand new yellow duckling and the message "THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN YET." "did you give me a trick egg?" Uh... hmm. Apparently an egg got rolled out of the broody duck nest, and mistaken by me for a fresh egg. The embryo survived a trip across town, transplant into another nest, and hatched a few days behind. Little Miracle Duck has acclimated just fine to the larger siblings, and is fact just a bit bossy
jumpy.gif
And Ms. Welsummer is patiently sitting on four more eggs.

I'm pretty excited about the two chocolates standing on bricks in the above photo, they've got the best breast markings I've hatched so far and some nice asymmetry besides. Random speckles are starting to show up in all the hatchlings though, and I'm pretty happy with them altogether.

Hope this one gets some wing color, but even if not it's a keeper.

I'm guessing the above is a lavender except there's some hint of lighter mallard blotches on the wings and back, but no eye stripes. Time will tell.

Here's my adult flock as of March, I've sold a few but most of those in the photo are still here -

Thanks for looking!

Hey guys, figured I'd share some pics of my flock. It's been a while!

They look great, Kim! Too funny about the miracle duck. :)

Looks like you've been hatching lots of blacks and chocolates just like I have. I separated my ducks into groups to get more blue ducklings a couple of weeks ago and just started collecting eggs to set.

I have my 1st batch of Anconas growing out & my 2nd set in the incubator due next week. The 1st batch was all black & blue. I would LOVE some chocolate if anyone has any eggs available. I'm a bit short on cash but have lots of stuff to offer in trade.

Hi, I'm looking for help.
I got 2 black n white ducks a few months ago.
The guy said they where mixed with White Peking & Mallard. But they look like Ancona.
Can someone help?

This is Bonnie & Clyde (found out they where boys after I named them.)

A closer pic of Clyde. They have a green tint to the black that's on their head and wing tip feathers.

They are also mating with my 2 duck Lucy & Ethel. I think they are wood ducks but not sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, I'm looking for help.
I got 2 black n white ducks a few months ago.
The guy said they where mixed with White Peking & Mallard. But they look like Ancona.
Can someone help?

This is Bonnie & Clyde (found out they where boys after I named them.)

A closer pic of Clyde. They have a green tint to the black that's on their head and wing tip feathers.

They are also mating with my 2 duck Lucy & Ethel. I think they are wood ducks but not sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Lucy & Ethel are mallards & Bonnie & Clyde are mixes.

Back
Top Bottom