Ancona ducks

MissG90

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 10, 2012
Hello everyone, always seem to come on here for bad reasons, yesterday I lost my lovely noisy ancona girl Speedy. We bought her as a duckling from a mixed batch at a farm shop, I was just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who sells Ancona hatching eggs or Ancona ducklings? Would prefer eggs though :) hoping to find some for spring 2013 just thought I'd do some
Research first. Thanks x

Preferably in the uk too if anyone could help! :) dunno if theyve survive the shipping? New to this!

Sorry about your duck.
hugs.gif
Anconas are so beautiful. Boondockers farm has the Ancona ducklings for sale. I have never ordered from them but I understand that they got the Holderreads Ancona breeding stock so the ducklings should be high quality.

So sorry to hear about your loss. :( I love my Anconas dearly. I will be selling hatching eggs in the spring, but am in the USA. I hope you are able to find someone in the UK as it is not feasible to ship hatching eggs from the US.

Last edited:
It's such a shame, I really want a few like her and can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone know of there are any other names for them?

I've a good chicken friend in the UK and have asked her if she knows of any breeders of Ancona there. I will let you know if she does. I'm very sorry for your loss!

Thank you so much! Seem to be like hens teeth! I bet they've got some other name over here! She definitely looked like the Ancona ducks Iv seen on US sites and she was the spit of the ducklings when she was younger. My garden is too quiet without her! :( and the food seems to last much longer!!

As far as I can determine they are only called by the Ancona name. Doesn't really help that there are Ancona chickens too when searching. All I can say is Ancona ducks originated in the UK so keep looking. There must be hatcheries over there that have them. If no hatcheries then private flock keepers. Any place that you know of that allows livestock ads to be posted?

Back
Top Bottom