Ancona with possible neurological issues

I let her out of the crate so she could take a few steps. Amazingly, they look much steadier than yesterday, albeit not good enough to keep her out of the crate. Tail is still down. I gave her some food and she ate about 3 tablespoons. :fl Go ahead and still do the flush? I have epsom salts on hand.

She laid an egg this morning.
Aw, I'm glad she's doing better, Banti.

I'm cautiously optimistic now. She's standing well, but still wobbly in movement. Hailey sat by her pen all afternoon. :love
Awwww.....I bet Hailey knows all about being cooped up in the pen so she feels her pain.❤️ I think giving her straight nutri drench was a good choice. Wastes less too. I bet it wouldn’t hurt to do a couple treatments like that. Most vitamins are excreted through the urine if not needed. I’m sure if you gave it straight to her 365 days a year, it would be too much but a couple days would be fine.

One silly thought, if she doesn’t keep getting better, do you know of anyone with a metal detector? Could you run it over her to see if it beeps quite a bit?:oops: If it does then you will know she’s likely ingested some scrap and her getting better is unlikely unless it’s small enough to pass. I know it’s a long shot and hopefully she continues to improve.:fl

Awwww.....I bet Hailey knows all about being cooped up in the pen so she feels her pain.❤️ I think giving her straight nutri drench was a good choice. Wastes less too. I bet it wouldn’t hurt to do a couple treatments like that. Most vitamins are excreted through the urine if not needed. I’m sure if you gave it straight to her 365 days a year, it would be too much but a couple days would be fine.

One silly thought, if she doesn’t keep getting better, do you know of anyone with a metal detector? Could you run it over her to see if it beeps quite a bit?:oops: If it does then you will know she’s likely ingested some scrap and her getting better is unlikely unless it’s small enough to pass. I know it’s a long shot and hopefully she continues to improve.:fl
:gig No, unfortunately, I don't. Maybe I'll have to track one down, just to see.

Back
Top Bottom