And another mystery chicken

Ziegenhof

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 11, 2012
Southern Oregon
My uncle gave me a rooster when I visited him last weekend. His memory, and the amount of chickens he has had over the years this guy is probably got several breeds in him.

But wondering what you all might think he most resembles? He is a very pretty guy, about 3-4 years old and not taking any of my hens BS which is what I wanted! But then in turn stopped laying on me so I don't know who is winning this fight of trying to make the hens not so mean.

Here is Mr Handsome. Legs are clean on him and blue. There is another rooster that looks a lot like him on my uncles farm who has feathered legs, and I think he said same hatch.

he has a rose comb. can you get a picture of him standing? Looking to see how he holds his chest and tail.

I will post a picture of him standing in a little while when I go down to let my new livestock guardian dog make his rounds (making sure he is chicken safe before he free roams, and so far it's all good).

OK here is Mr Handsome in with his hens. FYI that is not an egg on the ground! One of my hens likes to push the fake eggs out of the hen house.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom