And I thought waiting only 21 days was a piece of cake....

Melissa Rose

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
South Texas
I have literaly waited for 11 and a half months for a Central American Ornate Wood Turtle to hatch
ep.gif
so I thought that only waiting 21 days for my chickies would be a walk in the park. It's not
th.gif
I have totally worn the carpet through to the wood in the hallway walking back and forth to see if they have hatched! I also confiscated one of our security cameras and pointed it at the incubator and streamed it to my computer! This did not help!!!! I am about to start chewing my finger nails and I DONT chew nails
barnie.gif
I even took my laptop into the incubator room and played sounds of baby chicks chirping! I thought it might help them decide to hatch
lau.gif
!!!! OHHHH this is going to be a loooooong dayyyyyyyyyyy
old.gif

That's funny! I have had my first batch of eggs in for 7 days and am soooo impatient. Hope I am doing it right and they all hatch.

I have done some candling but kinda afraid to take them all out of the bator then put them back cause of the heat loss but I guess mama does get off the nest once in a while.

I found that only the first hatch was torture. After that one, I just didn't pay that much attention until day 18. Then it was game on. I have, one incubator in an upstairs closet lockdown starts friday, 2 broody hens due this weekend and another bator down on our attached garage that has a staggered hatch in it. Good luck. Michele

Sooooo.........how many days you got left?

For me, egg in the bator are hard - I am always checking on them. Now when they are under a broody.........I seem to be able to wait until I hear the sweet little peep peep sounds coming from under mom.

Have a broody hatching chicks right now
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom