And now...the run....

So glad to hear you caught things in time. I know the meds and taking it easy really rubs against the grain but look at it this way: the better you follow instructions to take it easy and take care of yourself the quicker you will be able to resume things. That's how I deal with it when I have to take it easy. Those timbers will be waiting I am sure. :)

I really do want to get those timbers moved
Have you noticed how we want to do things more when we can't? For example, I'm a really small eater, I eat when I'm hungry. If I have to fast for a medical test, I'm suddenly wanting full cooked English breakfasts.... There's no motivator like "you aren't allowed to". LOL

Glad your event wasn't more serious and that you're ok. :)

So glad to hear you caught things in time. I know the meds and taking it easy really rubs against the grain but look at it this way: the better you follow instructions to take it easy and take care of yourself the quicker you will be able to resume things. That's how I deal with it when I have to take it easy. Those timbers will be waiting I am sure.
smile.png
That is very, very true!
I learned that lesson the hard way when rather young(30's), pushed too soon, and tripled my recovery time.

OK, well, I'm a poor listener. :) I actually had Cheryl's approval to do a little something today...sort of. I do have a nicely air-conditioned shop to work in and it took me forever to get a super simple project done but I finally did get it done.

I made a little something for the chickens today. I had a 4x4 left from the run that was pretty twisted so I found a good use for it. I made a chicken trapeze/spiraling staircase/roosting sort of a thing. I ripped some left over 2x6's in half and screwed them around the 4x4. Couple of minutes with the post hole diggers netted me a hole for the bottom. I screwed the top to one of the roof rafters. Turned out pretty cool.

First one to the top?? Laverne of course. So funny to watch them puzzle it out.

@TerryH I would think that using a post hole digger for a couple minutes would qualify you to move some of those timbers....
....just move 1 or 2 a day until they're all outta the way. :D

@TerryH
  I would think that using a post hole digger for a couple minutes would qualify you to move some of those timbers....
....just move 1 or 2 a day until they're all outta the way. :D

Well....the "sort of permission" in the earlier post was that I kinda sorta failed to mention to Cheryl that I needed to dig a hole for this project that I did while she was gone to the store. :) She should know better than to leave me unsupervised.

Back
Top Bottom