...and they are still in my house

moved my 17 outside 2 weeks ago at 6 weeks of age...I was so glad to start cleaning up that day!! But......since I like to punish myself i am starting all over tomorrow with 50 freedom rangers...

I have 10, 3 week old pullets in my laundry room. I am sick and tired of hauling them in/out everyday for their free-ranging. Talk about hard to catch in the evening!

Quote:
I'm about to start the crying thing myself.... I know that usually gets the job done. I'm 7 months pregnant and not very mechanically inclined, so I'm not much help either. I asked for a coop like 3 months ago!!! I told him once we got the chickens he had 3 weeks to finish the coop.... and still they are in my house. This may sound ignorant, but I had NO IDEA chickens were so dusty. The smell is bad but tolerable, the noise I can handle, but the dust! OMG THE DUST! I can't take it anymore! I didnt plan on having that much dust, so didnt really move anything out of the room in which they are inhabiting - now all my office papers, books, printer, some clothes... completely covered in fine dust. I'm going to have to spend 2 days after I get them out of the house just cleaning the mess!!!!

Ohh!I'm soo crying.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I don't have a DH or anything.I'm too old to get pregnant. It would be nice to get my 2 groups out of the basement!
wink.png

i've got 13 in my room right now, 7 month olds and 6 that are 1-2 weeks. all are for sale too, and the chick market suddenly died here after easter, everyone's giving away their free chicks!
sad.png
I managed to snag an old, rickety rabbit hutch my neighbors were throwing out, so the older ones spend the day outside now, that helps a bit... i'm going to add onto it tho since i'm going to be keeping a couple of these (ones got a beak problem, and of course she'll need a friend...) and going to add a ramp down and make it bigger on the bottom which will make it more stable as well, but still... i had to take all 7 out at the same time this morning, i opened the top of their indoor rabbit cage and they ALL flew out at the same time to go explore my room! Yikes! took all 7 out at once, perched on my arms and shoulders... then they all took off outback and i had to re catch them all...

We all seem to go through the same pain, but yet...for some strange reason, we do it again!
wink.png
We moved our 3 1/2 week old chicks out into the barn about 2 weeks ago. My husband and I had them in the house and we were both getting sick. Don't know if it has anything to do with them being in the house, but within a day of them being out in the garage, we were both getting better. Anyhow, they are happy out there and can here my hens sqwaking and the hens can hear them peeping. They can't see each other, but hopefully, some day when they get ready to become one flock, they will recognize each others voices. AND...no more dust!! Yay!
ya.gif

Birds have alot of Dander~ My parrot is probably worse then all our chickens put together!!!
lau.gif
When they clean their feathers and fluff themselves it's like little clouds of dander dancing through the air landing on every precious thing in sight
ep.gif
Haha But I still love them messy birds~ just makes me want to give them a bath!!!

Quote:
Here's an update I started on the coop! Here is the base and this is where it is going~ in a slightly shaded area to cut down on the hot summers! It was not leveled yet in these pictures but now it is! I will start building the walls for it over the next few days
smile.png

88786_coop1.jpg

88786_coop2.jpg

88786_coop3.jpg

I really hope your DH gets yours done soon!

Back
Top Bottom