And why exactly am I looking at egg auctions?

lau.gif
You guys!!
lau.gif
And here I thought it was just me, lol. I just put 123 Coturnix eggs in the bator yesterday, and this morning, well what have I been doing??? You guessed it!!! Looking for more chicken eggs to hatch. Hopefully silkies.
big_smile.png
Thank the Good Lord I have a good man. I mentioned extending our pens, and adding more divided sections...(I just mentioned it, really....no pressure)...and VOILA'...There are now 3 new corner posts in the ground, just waiting for the smaller posts to be driven, and put up the wire, and a couple more doors......and I'll be in business.
wee.gif
The only drawback is like Skywarrior said....deer season right around the corner....hhhmmmm....wonder if I can take the chicks to the camp with me and not get my behind kicked?? I already take 3 chiuahuahs, surely they wouldn't mind??......Anyway......(I think I'll get some more eggs anyway)

PS
We REALLY need a devil smiley

Oh my. There's a section of BYC called BSA - Buy, Sell, Auction. It's internal to BYC ... sections for hatching eggs, for chicks, for older chickens, for Other Poultry, for Everything Else (like chicken diapers, shawls, saddles, and egg carton labels, for example).

I have 3 bantam cochin hatchlings 3 days old, 3 blue lavender orpington hatchlings ONE day old, all in the brooder and all from eggs I bought or won at auction on BYC. Plus another 7 eggs in a third incubator, also filled with eggs won or purchased from BYCer. Plus two more sets on the way (now that I have 2 empty incubators).

For the love of god, don't go there. ROFLMBO.

okay....I've seen that...didn't occur to me it was an AUCTION.....I need an incubator.....I am looking though.....but then what????

lesalynn: was that 123 quail eggs???? egads

Quote:
I have done that twice and even put it away in a room where I wouldn't see it - BUT it now has a new batch of eggs... and I am picking my d'uccle eggs now instead of spring!!

Yup, that is correct---123 quail eggs, lol. Just got back in from feeding moms, dads, and siblings. I've never tried to hatch a bator full of quail eggs til now. We just love 'em tho, so had to go for it.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom