And yet another one......

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WestKnollAmy, May 5, 2009.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    As much as you all know I can't build well, I still love doing it.
    I really enjoy seeing all the different roof styles and thought I would try one differently than what I have ever made. I am horrid with angles just like I am horrid with doors but here goes.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is the last photo showing the finished product except for that piece of roofing to go down the middle. It is laying on the ground in front of the tractor. I have it on now and they are staying pretty dry with the rains we are having. I still am going to have to either turn the tractor or do something for the back because a storm yesterday got the nest box wet. Not good for the girls or eggs.

[​IMG]

And I am not sure if you can tell but the front bottom is a door. I can crawl in if I have to and I did have to the other day to retrieve a few eggs that had gotten knocked out in an angry attempt to make me let them back out.
    This one isn't too bad and I will probably add some wheels soon but for now I can move it over with my shoulder for them to have fresh ground every day.

Thanks for looking!

2. SweetMissDaisy

SweetMissDaisy Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it's SUPER! Good job!!

3. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    I LOVE it! And it doesn't seem as hard to build as some others. Very cool.

4. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Looks good to me, too! I made the door for our coop because hubby was taking too long. Decided to reuse some old tongue and groove wood. Looks good. Weighs a gazillion tons! [​IMG]

You did better. [​IMG]

5. lunkerchicken

lunkerchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

I think you did a great job - I like the design....

6. Lil chick chick

Lil chick chick Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2009
    Nampa, Idaho
    I think it's great. I can't even nail two boards together, so I am in awe of your carpentry skills. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by