Angel Babies Summer Block Swap--SIGNUP DEADLINE 6-20-11

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by CoyoteMagic, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ginbart

ginbart Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    This one looks like a little too much work for me. Maybe the next one. [​IMG]

2. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:You Woosie!!! Ths one is so much easier than the feathers. You get to decorate them any way you want. come on!!! [​IMG]

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Still looking for folks to join this swap. GINBART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and others quilting buddies. You only need to make 12, they can all be different, scraps are pefect. Use all kinds of this and that to decorate them!!!

Come play with me!!!!

4. greytmommy

greytmommy Songster

Mar 26, 2011
    QUESTION!!!

so the blocks will be 12.5 in square instead of 10.5in yes? So my main question is this: Are the angels still the same size OR are we supposed to increase the size of the angel pattern 20% as well??

And for the background of the blocks, anything goes as well? Just nothing light colored???

5. greytmommy

greytmommy Songster

Mar 26, 2011
    oh, and WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a bit of Punk Flare...so i am sure my angles will be a bit on the Rock and Roll side......just fair warning! [​IMG]

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:No, you don't have to increase the size of the pattern. 12.5 inch for the background square is because my math stincks due to chemo-brain, lol. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

It came out wrong about the background. It needs to be a light color, can be any color as long as it's light. Pink, blue, stipes, plaid, just as long as it's light.

7. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:LOL no problem! If you look at the thread of quilt pictures, one of the swaps we did the chickens from Fat Cats. Mine is all colors of scrap!! Ask anyone, I am wild and out there!!

8. greytmommy

greytmommy Songster

Mar 26, 2011
    ok, thanks! I was planning on working on some this week.

9. greytmommy

greytmommy Songster

Mar 26, 2011
    ok, another question:

does the background have to be a SOILD ligt color? I cut out my 12 blocks, and some are soild color and some have a small pattern. Is that ok?

10. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Patterned background is fine. As long as your background is light and your Angels are able to standout, you are good to go.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: