Angel wing in ducks, & how we wrap to mend it - Pictorial

Pics
700.jpg

Here she is weeks later, her wing 100% straightened out.
thumbsup.gif Great job!

My guy's turned out OK. I've named him "Wingman", lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello.....I saw your post on the angel wing gradually folding in to place after plenty of exercise . I have a 4 week old flying mallard who has this very thing. I was going to tape her wings up but when I saw your post I brought him up with a buddy so he wouldn't be alone and am feeding him bunny pellets which has a lot of alfalfa meal. is allowing the feathers to grow naturally with time outside a better means of this correcting itself.?
I can do it either way, but when I placed the surgical tape on him..he got his feet caught under and stuck there...so if there is a better way to do this...I would rather.... could you contact me by email....
would really like to hear from you asap

jean
milkweeds884 at yahoo
april 26th 2017

Hello.....I saw your post on the angel wing gradually folding in to place after plenty of exercise . I have a 4 week old flying mallard who has this very thing. I was going to tape her wings up but when I saw your post I brought him up with a buddy so he wouldn't be alone and am feeding him bunny pellets which has a lot of alfalfa meal. is allowing the feathers to grow naturally with time outside a better means of this correcting itself.?
I can do it either way, but when I placed the surgical tape on him..he got his feet caught under and stuck there...so if there is a better way to do this...I would rather.... could you contact me by email....
would really like to hear from you asap

jean
milkweeds884 at yahoo
april 26th 2017
@tcmarie

Back
Top Bottom