Angel Wing over night???

!!!!!!!! HERE ---- THIS IS HOW WE LEARNED TO WRAP IT.... LOOK CLOSELY..... STUDY IT..... http://www.longshadowfarms.com/FAQ.html#wing

I
don't recommend wrapping the whole body.... constricting the lungs/body cavity is a chance not to take if you wrap it too tight..... so just the wing.... at first they will drag it a little but should lift it and put it in place within 12 hours or so.... with tape on it.

We used the 2" or 1" medical tape - you can get it anywhere they have bandaids - WATERPROOF though.

Don't wrap it too tight, don't wrap it wrong or it gets worse and wing has problems....

When you go to wrap it.... look at the other wing when they have it tucked and folded right.... see how it is tucked, and then just position the angle wing the same way and lightly wrap around it... you do not have to do it real real tight - it is just to hold it in place.

We did this to one of our goslings that had it bad ---- fixed in 3 days- -- no 4 months old and no problems with that wing!

Please do it right and you'll fix it..... good luck!!

Last edited:
Quote:
They all have had 16% since they were 2 weeks old and get salad greens and peas every day on top of free ranging.

Quote:
I was sure to tuck the tips under the secondary feathers best I could. His primaries are very long and his secondaries are tiny, maybe an inch long.

Back
Top Bottom