Angel Wing Treatment

What type of sock? Maybe try one that is smaller? The fabric on mine was like tights and it was tight on the duck, but I could still get my fingers under it. When it was too long, the sock made him roll around like a bowling pin. I only had it on for 24 hours straight before he managed to get out of it. My drake is big since he is muscovy. I wasn't able to get a pic though. Basically both ends of the sock was cut off to make a tube. You want the tube to fit snuggly over their body. Vet tape won't stick to hair or feathers. It is a self stick tape.
You just have to keep at it if you want the feathers corrected.
We had tried a mens dress sock, the part the foot goes in (cut at toe and at heel) I do have the tube part that goes up the ankle. I have a thigh high sock that might work also.. we will cut and see which is best tonight. I picked up some of the self adhesive vet tape today, so hopefully both together will work!

We had tried a mens dress sock, the part the foot goes in (cut at toe and at heel) I do have the tube part that goes up the ankle. I have a thigh high sock that might work also.. we will cut and see which is best tonight. I picked up some of the self adhesive vet tape today, so hopefully both together will work!
:fl

Okay, so I forgot the vet wrap at work... we have a different part of the sock that seems to be working... but not sure if it’s too tight at the top? The part of the wing that is blue is sticking out of the sock but it’s laying flat along the body so is that okay?

Attachments

• 33B3A277-3BE6-4208-8D3C-57DA544F5557.jpeg
    33B3A277-3BE6-4208-8D3C-57DA544F5557.jpeg
    598.5 KB · Views: 87
Okay, so I forgot the vet wrap at work... we have a different part of the sock that seems to be working... but not sure if it’s too tight at the top? The part of the wing that is blue is sticking out of the sock but it’s laying flat along the body so is that okay?
Looks good. As long as the wing is up against the body, it will work.

@CayugaJana has one now that has a broken wing and she wrapped her several times and she kept getting out of it so she now has her wrapped and with a part of a legging over her whole body I'd say that would work for 2 wings. Hopefully she'll see this tag and talk about what she did.

I wrapped the wing exactly like @Vyctoria showed in her video!:highfive: Good timing. But she picked at it and her broken wing would be drooping on the ground when I got home. So I rewrapped. Then I cut one of my leggings (that I bought then realized it was so thin and I would likely find myself on a FB people of Walmart page:lau). I cut the bottom 8 inches off of 1 leg. Then slipped it over her and the wrapped wing. Now she can’t pick it off and the wing is secured for healing. But if you taped angel wing, it probably won’t take more than a week if you tape it 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom