Angel wing?

J99

Songster
Jul 25, 2019
Kentucky
My Coop
My Coop
My rowen Duck right after I got him his wing sticks out , I got her at 8 weeks old , so it happened like at 10 weeks . I read up on angel wing and it said from eating bread or not enough nutrients, since I had her that’s not the case at all. I feed her right and another person said wait until she moly’s and see His ducks wing straightened during that time. She flaps her wings and they are normal looking when out. I also felt it and it feels normal like no joints bumped up or anything. She seems healthy and happy and she’s now about 4 or 5 months old but it’s still there
One article said “ angel wing” could cause an early death this scares me and confuses me why can a wing displacement cause an early death?
But what should I do? One article also said that if they are mature there’s no fixing it
Someone please tag miss Lidia for me

Ok thank you very much but what caused it won’t help me now, however I’ll see if there’s any ideas on what to do now
I appreciate it so much we love her

Yesss I see that now Thank you so so much this helped a lot and I see miss Lidia said it’s not a health issue only cosmetic whew that makes me feel so much better thank you again for your time this was great help

I had some angel wing start with my 6 week old ducks. I was over feeding them with feed that was too high in protein. I switched from 20% protein starter to 16% protein grower and most of the issues disappeared. I also gave them more space to exercise and flap their wings. I had to tape one bird’s wing, but it was fine after just two days. Very glad I caught the problem early.

Yes and I did not I believe mine is to far gone She’s about 18 weeks so she may remain this way forever but I didn’t notice it at all when she was little until one day her huge giant wing was sticking out , I didn’t know what I should be looking for in her youth , I probably bought her like this

Okay next time she molts her flight feathers out an they start growing back in try wrapping then. We had a member that said she did it an it worked plus in the mean time you can trim the wing so your duck doesn’t catch it’s wing on things.

Wow you are amazing you want to just come live here miss Lydia? Lol
I am just learning and I’m duck illiterate I so appreciate you
Ps will I know when she molts?
And In the picture I clean that pool daily lol

Attachments

• 0B71A2E4-387D-4952-8982-122082EA4AC7.jpeg
    0B71A2E4-387D-4952-8982-122082EA4AC7.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 8
You’ll know when she molt’s her big flight feathers will be laying on the ground and you’ll see pin feathers start to grow in then you wrap! Poor baby I’d def clip her wing. Need a pic of how to clip?

Back
Top Bottom