Angel wing?

NewAtThis8

Songster
Apr 9, 2023
In searching through the threads for wing issues I came across what might be what I’m facing here but not totally certain as this case doesn’t seem to be super severe. At first we thought she was going through her juvenile molt and would lose these feathers but upon further investigation it looks like these primary feathers on both wings just stick out permanently. She can still get around and they don’t seem to bother her but is this just a deformity that won’t impact her quality of life as it is right now, or does it get worse and I need to do anything about it? She’s a barred rock and about 14 weeks old. She looked totally normal, wings and all until a couple of weeks ago when we noticed these feathers and felt her wings, different than our other hens in anatomy.
304336A4-5E2E-45CC-A0F0-C59897FD47FD.jpeg

Chickens don't get angel wing that belongs to waterfowl only..

She's just holding them weird or they got stuck out and haven't been lined back in during preening.. you can try stretching her wing the same way people check for split wing and see when it folds back up if it hides those feathers.

Really it's NOT important. No it won't impact her quality of life.

Yes, she's gorgeous! :love

Back
Top Bottom