Angora Rabbit new to our home I must be going crazy!!!

Cute Rabbit. It doesn't look like an angora to me. I don't know much about the other breeds. Here are pictures of mine on my website www.heavenlyspringsquarterhorses.com look under Anorgas.

Mine aren't in the house. They are in the barn. So, I can't help you with that.
big_smile.png

the coloring on yours is the same as on our Twinkie. She is 7 months old and we don't have any idea what she is a mixture of. Yours looks like a mini-lop. Here is a picture of Twinkie
23574_twink.jpg

Quote:
Yup. Fuzzy Lop!

Every once in a while, my Holland Lops have thrown a Fuzzy. Fuzzies are pretty much a Holland Lop with a French Angora coat. His color is Tortoiseshell, btw.

Quote:
Yup. Fuzzy Lop!

Every once in a while, my Holland Lops have thrown a Fuzzy. Fuzzies are pretty much a Holland Lop with a French Angora coat. His color is Tortoiseshell, btw.

Agreed! He's cute!

I like your last picture with the two cats and the rabbit. It looks like the calico is telling the black and white cat," he's mine. So don't get any ideas in your head!!" I laughed just looking at the expressions! Priceless!

If he's going to be using a litter box, go ahead and use cat litter. But don't just let him loose in the house until you've "bunny proofed" it because he'll chew on anything he can including electrical wires, carpet, wood, etc. I'd keep him penned in the kitchen or laundry room with his litter box until you can make a safe environment for him. Your cats are certainly interested in their new housemate! How cute.

I am going to keep him caged most of the time except when we play with him.
So what to I use for litter in his cage??
Oh, I have 7 cats they all seem very interested in him.I think they want to groom him.talk about hair balls

If your rabbit is going to be where he can actually touch the litter, you don't want to use any of the clay type cat litters. Most pet shops have litter made of corncobs, recycled newspaper, and other materials that should be safe for rabbits. Some people like wood shavings, others will tell you not to use them. All of my rabbits live outdoors, so I'm afraid I can't be too much help here. The thing you need to remember, is that rabbits may nibble on the shavings, so you want something that doesn't have anything in it that might be toxic.

Back
Top Bottom