Angora Rabbits....male and female...FREE cages and all!!! HELP!!!

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
I got this Email from a friend of mine.....they would have to be picked up locally here. Can someone HELP!??

Do you know anyone who would like to have 2 angora rabbits and their wire cages for free? It would need to be someone who would take care of them. They need to be clipped at least once every 3 months and the male (an English) need a little grooming in between. Both are 2 years old. The female is a white German, so makes a LOT of fabulous wool (which can be sold at a high price) and the male is English and “agouti” in color and he produces a modest amount of wool. They come with two wire cages (not roof, just open cages) and about 40 pounds of rabbit pellets, as well as feeders and heated waterers if the person is interested in that. My daughter would take them in a second, but she lives in Illinois and it will be hard and expensive to get them over to her, so I’d much rather find someone around here to come pick them up. They act like they don’t want to be picked up, but once you do, they are very affectionate and I have NEVER been bitten. You can put them both in the same pen, as I don’t think the male is fertile at all. I’ve had them together with no babies! So, they could be in the same cage and the other could hold other rabbits. They are pretty big.

Oh no, WAY too hot to ship bunnies....I MIGHT have someone coming to look at them...waiting on E Mail back...HAS to be a pickup only. We are a "free rescue" so we dont have the funds to ship animals. Sorry.

I have someone interested in the bunnies. Sheepgal.....if for some reason, this person does NOT want them...you are next in line..I promise. But
Aspen47591 said she will be here Tuesday, and is willing to drive 3 or 4 hrs one way to get them. She spoke first on the bunnies. Im so sorry.

I will definately keep you in mind. Are you looking for Angoras only? I get calls several times a year, people wanting me to " rescue" thier bunnies. I can usually find them homes in a few days....but if you want just..."regular" bunnies...let me know..I will keep an ear out for them.

We have been looking for Angoras for a long time, German especially, at an affordable price. We are still very blue today for missing out yesterday. We were really hoping for them.
Keep us in mind if anything EVER comes your way.

Back
Top Bottom