Angry Coturnix Japanese Quail Sounds

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Payroll, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Payroll

Payroll Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2013
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    My first youtube video! It's of my pet quail, of course.

Occasionally she gets angry for no reason I can see and makes this sound while attacking anyone near.

2. Payroll

Payroll Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2013
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    After deciding that I did not want my real name on YouTube and creating, deleting, deleting, then recreating a YouTube channel after watching 5 different "How To" YouTube videos (pick the most recent!) the link for my video on Angry Coturnix Quail Sounds has changed.

Let me know if you see any problems with the video.

3. veggietreeigrl

veggietreeigrl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2014
    Southern California
    hehe What a grump! Thanks for posting, I'm still learning about quails. My pet quail makes a weird noise every morning, I don't know if it is like a rooster crowing in the morning or what. It sounds like maniacal laughter. When I first got him and he did that the first time my dogs were scared. [​IMG]I wish I could get a video, but it is random.

4. 1000yearoldeggs

1000yearoldeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    western pa
    Wow, she's so cute. I can't believe how angry she seems. Mine barely make any noise at all, other than the cricket chirps to find each other.

5. USAmma

USAmma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Wow I've never seen or heard mine do that. Mine are very docile (the breeder said he culls the aggressive ones) except one that will pip and chase the others around sometimes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by