Animal in the crawlspace

I have a trap that I got at the feed store it is a box like thing they have to step on like a ramp to get in and then it closes so they cant get out.It also has holes in in so you could drown them if you are so inclined. It works.

Quote:
I like the terminology never thought of it that way! My Furry little proxy x 3 hang around the run and field in back of the run and do biological verrmin control every day and bring up a tasty morsel to show me they are doing their job and I have encoraged the always eat what you kill rule and they follow it nicely dispatching them promptly after they show dad how good little kitties they have been!

Ernie

Quote:
Then there is also no need for her to trap it.

She likely has exactly two legal options kill it or release it on her own land.

The first she doesn't allow leaving her with the second which is no real option.

Last edited:
How about a glue trap??? It will not kill it, and with some tough gloves and hot sudsy water you can release it if you really want to....

D'Angelo N Va. :

How about a glue trap??? It will not kill it, and with some tough gloves and hot sudsy water you can release it if you really want to....

I have used the glue traps on field mice that make their way inside in the winter. It CAN kill them. I've seen many with their nose stuck to the glue, dead, presumably suffocated.​

D'Angelo N Va. :

I used those glue traps once. Once. I have no sympathy for rodents whatsoever, but I am not a cruel person either. Those glue traps were the most barbaric trapping method I have ever come across. The mice that got caught on those glue traps suffered one of three fates:

1. They got their head stuck in the glue and slowly suffocated.

2. They got their bodies stuck in the glue and literally ripped themselves apart try to tear themselves free. Ripped...themselves...apart. I will not get into the gory details, but I still cringe when I think about it.

3. They got stuck in the glue and I had to kill them myself because they were still alive.

Fortunately there were only 3 traps in a pack, so if there were other horrific ways for mice to die in those things I didn't experience it because I swore I would never use them again. I strongly recommend not using these traps.​

If the bleeding heart "vegan" doesn't want it killed, let her figure it out on her own. Maybe she can get some ideas from a Disney film.

Quote:
I like the terminology never thought of it that way! My Furry little proxy x 3 hang around the run and field in back of the run and do biological verrmin control every day and bring up a tasty morsel to show me they are doing their job and I have encoraged the always eat what you kill rule and they follow it nicely dispatching them promptly after they show dad how good little kitties they have been!

Ernie

Just a FYI--If they're eating what they kill (mine do too) you need to be vigilent about parasite control because they'll pick up worms from the rodents. Love the "biological vermin control" phrase, I'm "stealing" that one.
gig.gif

Quote:

Ernie

Just a FYI--If they're eating what they kill (mine do too) you need to be vigilent about parasite control because they'll pick up worms from the rodents. Love the "biological vermin control" phrase, I'm "stealing" that one.
gig.gif

Yes they are basicly little barn kittes that get fed cat food and milk and regular worming more than my inside cats that never see mice!! They are also quite pampered for outdoor kitties also
Ernie

The cat would be a great idea but she is deathly allegic to them! I heard our little "roomate" yesterday, it sounds like its in the wall now, awesome. We took the trap and enclosed it all around the sides but whatever it was got trapped then dug out the bottom of the cage! She ad an exterminator come out and he seemed to be no help what so ever, all he did was tell us that their was something in either the crawl space or the attic. He said its a small animal, probably a vole? I looked up what a vole was and it looks like a crossbreed of a mouse and a hamster! i have never even heard of a vole, but i dont know... Im going to catch this little thing!

Back
Top Bottom