Animals like this green water

Just wow... There seemed to be quite a bit of condemnation in this thread... I'm thinking the question was asked for a simple answer and all of the added adjectives would be exactly the reason I would not want to come back to ask another. Maybe consider making the point instead of bashing it into the mud! Again, I'm late to reading this particular post, and hopefully the air has changed.
I think they were just concerned for the animals and wanted to make sure the OP wouldn’t have to make some unintended trips to the vet 🤷🏻‍♀️🤪:D

Just wow... There seemed to be quite a bit of condemnation in this thread... I'm thinking the question was asked for a simple answer and all of the added adjectives would be exactly the reason I would not want to come back to ask another. Maybe consider making the point instead of bashing it into the mud! Again, I'm late to reading this particular post, and hopefully the air has changed.
This thread is 2 years old, my friend. Please look at dates before stirring up the waters. :]

Mine drink from yucky duck puddles. You can't make them not drink the yucky stuff.

However, you can dump out nasty containers like that one.

I'm just going to assume your horses are standing in mud due to the recent weather. If not - that's a whole 'nother issue.
I have two big draft horses, one Percheron and one Belgian. With all the rain, snow, and whatnot, one small step is a gaping mud hole 🤣 I don’t allow them to stand in mud long as they have feathering and are prone to scratches and irritation.
I usually have to trim my Belgian in the spring and he grows his feathering out all summer and fall.
Mud season is the worst when owning horses 🤷‍♀️😅
Plus my Percheron is gray 😳🤭

I have two big draft horses, one Percheron and one Belgian. With all the rain, snow, and whatnot, one small step is a gaping mud hole 🤣 I don’t allow them to stand in mud long as they have feathering and are prone to scratches and irritation.
I usually have to trim my Belgian in the spring and he grows his feathering out all summer and fall.
Mud season is the worst when owning horses 🤷‍♀️😅
Plus my Percheron is gray 😳🤭
I am lucky enough to have enough pasture that I don't have them standing in mud. The gate area to the barn is always a mud hole in mud season though. 😅

I am lucky enough to have enough pasture that I don't have them standing in mud. The gate area to the barn is always a mud hole in mud season though. 😅
We are too :) they go out into the second field while the first one attached to the barn dries up, Then we bring them back over.
For being two old retired Amish guys, they are doing very well. Besides their teeth from being power floated and damaged at another facility. But slow and steady wins the race..
2C8C1CE1-EA1E-4540-97AA-5938A1051689.jpeg F5F8C91A-5D4C-4DB2-94C7-7399C83425E2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom