Announcing A Brand New Buy Sell Auction System!

Rocky Meadows, I'm confused by your post....Are you a 501C3? Non profit I went to your web site....Seems like you want donations but again are you a registered non profit with IRS?

I have no eggs for swapping now as we need to sell our eggs as we are trying to buy chicken food but I'm puzzled by your "preservation" site and requests for help in this site

Please do let us all know.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Anyone is free to post a "Wanted to Buy". If you are looking for free eggs it is considered courteous to wait until someone post them up for grabs adn even th en it is polite to pay for shipping.

As stated, there are always swaps going on in the swaps section.

wow....alot of changes going on....

Looks wonderful.

Thanks guys & gals!

thumbsup.gif

Regarding swaps, it seems there are two types:

1) "I have some eggs and want to swap with someone"
2) "Let's have an organized group swap"

For the first situation we suggest posting a "Buy It Now" listing with "SWAP" in the title and an amount of $0.00 as the price. Mention that you want to swap with someone and that people can post or PM you if interested.

For the second type (group egg swaps), those currently live here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=8

Some good news! The staff have bumped up the limits for the BSA section to the following:

Standard Member - 5 listings within any 30 day period
Golden Feather Member - 20 listings within any 30 day period

For now there is no option for more than 20 within any 30 day period, but if we find that 20 per 30 days is very limiting for any of our GFMs we'll definitely try to find a way to accommodate them.

Hi, I think I'm locked out of posting on BSA....It says I've reached my limit, but I can only find 2 active postings? out there ..... a coat and a rare book about bob white quails.

Is the standard member count set on 2 or 5?

Also I noticed that on this link the number for the Gold is 10, not 20, so just thought I'd mention that as well to get fixed:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=250783

Thanks for any help you can give me!

PSI do plan on buying a gold membership so this should be better thanks and have a blessed day!

Last edited:
Thanks for the note about the count that needed to be change in that link, it is now fixed.

Regarding the standard member count: Yes, it is 5 per member per 30 days. Please note that this includes all completed listings as well. If you listed 5 items 15 days ago then you won't be able to list any new items for another 15 days unless you upgrade to a GFM.

If you have listed fewer than 5 items in the last 30 days, please let us know and we'll look into it.

Okay, I think I figured it out, I thought it was open posts and that free items didn't count, but I can see they do....

Once I sign up as Gold member, does the count start from that day forward.... I hope....

Also, who can I tell my husband's screen name so he'll get a free membership as well.

I'm ready to join today if possible...............

I'd also like to suggest that there be a "Free Listing" area in BSA where there is no count against the posts.....I cannot recall that being suggested before..

Thanks for the help. Now that I understand the BSA, it's been very nice.

Have a blessed and Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yup, instantly once you are made a GFM. Please keep in mind that the GFM upgrade process is manual and done by Terrie, so please give her at least 24 hours to complete the process (usually it is much faster than that).

Quote:
When you go through the store you can post it in the payment notes / comments in Paypal. To make sure it is received also send an email to [email protected]

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. The main reasons we have these limits in place is to reduce the amount of spam / repeat posts to our system and this would include even free listings (for example someone is trying to get rid of their illegal rooster and posts over and over and over and over).

Back
Top Bottom