Announcing A Brand New Buy Sell Auction System!

Quote:
so lets say the bid is at 25$ and I bid 35$ It pops up 35$ not like 25.25$ :)
hu.gif

Besides the bid increment... I wouldn't mind seeing a 15 minute rule implemented to prevent sniping of auctions. I used to buy and sell on a popular gun trading site and the 15 minute rule stops any chance of sniping and can actually help a seller get the maximum out of their auctions. It might actually draw some folks over to sell on BYC auctions from the popular auction sites. I imagine there would be some programming to do to get it to work on here but it may be worth looking into. Below is a link to the gun site I'm referring to and how they explain the 15 minute rule.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/SupportFAQView.aspx?faqid=1036

Quote:
I never heard of that before. It sounds really good! I know I have tried to get things on eggbid before and it would run out of time.

Lots of great ideas!

Please remember though that the auctions here on BYC are a free convenience to our members.
By keeping it simple and without the features of the paid auction sites, we can give our members the opportunity to have a way to make a little extra income.

Quote:
Absolutely agree... of course if people are flocking away from eggbid to sell on BYC because you have a better system, you can justify charging for your auctions... or at least require GFM. At some point any improvement needs to pay for itself in some form.

Quote:
Absolutely agree... of course if people are flocking away from eggbid to sell on BYC because you have a better system, you can justify charging for your auctions... or at least require GFM. At some point any improvement needs to pay for itself in some form.

This is a great site, let's not start charging for everything like most places and drag it down hill. JMHO.

Sorry, we should have updated this thread! Now that our new system has been thoroughly put through the paces and the feedback system has been populated with over a thousand reviews, we've decided to retire the old system which had many inherit problems.

For validity, reliability, etc. all feedback must be tied to a specific BSA listing. Without this type of system any person could leave feedback for anybody. People could even create fake reviews under different names. Tying the feedback to specific transactions with a specific seller and buyer makes the information infinitely more reliable.

This is why we've always strongly suggested that our members use the BSA section as it was designed as it is the only way to protect the validity of the reviews and have a sustainable system.

Back
Top Bottom