Annoyed >:(

Quote:
Thank you, I built it myself and at first hubby thought I was crazy and had no clue what I was doing. It is sectional, each piece is an 8 foot section and can come apart as such - after taking the roof off. I also built my coop with a sky light inside it. My coop is not complete, but complete enough for the chickens. I am just now getting around to finishing it. The pen is 24x32 on the chicken side and 14x24 on the left.

Here is a picture of their skylight (not complete) it needs more support which I will do after I finish the feed room and sitting boxes.

I guess the way I treat my chickens is the reason they act like spoiled brats. My husband always says if he dies, he wants to come back as one of my chickens, but with enough brain and memory to stay out of coyote country.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

15838_chickens_00055.jpg

Quote:
You're right. The only thing you can do if you don't like the way someone takes care of the birds you sell them is refuse to sell them any more. I have a neighbor who has pestered me forver because she knows I sell chicks. I've flat refused to sell her anything, not even a house plant, because I know how neglectful she is. I've told this to her to her face several times and she just laughs, she thinks I'm joking.

Quote:
Thank you, I built it myself and at first hubby thought I was crazy and had no clue what I was doing.

Sounds like us! Heck *I* wasn't sure I knew what I was doing, LOL

I usually don't at first. Then after thinking about it for awhile I vision how I want it. Don't ask for blue prints
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
I do it all out of my head. Then when it is finished hubby hates to say it looks pretty good. I have had a few people asked me to build one for them and I have to tell them to get in line, my has to get finished first. Then I have to build my peacock and pheasant coop.

That sounds like us too!! I had to change my plans 3X before I got it right. Luckily it was as I was piecing it together & not after I'd built any of it.

Yup, I'm a fly by the seat of my pants gal!
gig.gif

That pen looks GREAT!!! I wish we had space in our yard to build one that size!
smile.png

Here is the run my mom and I built. It has a door in one side where we attach it onto their coop, and then my mom made a sliding door in another side so they can come out to play easily when we are supervising. The coop is 3x8, and the run is about 6x6.

It is the perfect size for the 3 chickens we kept! If I was going to have more than 4-6 chickens permanently, I would build a larger run.

24413_dscf0718.jpg

ETA: This is the run that we offered to let our friends borrow. It comes apart into 7 - 2x6 foot sections and fits perfectly into the back of our Suburban.
smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, everyone. I should have come here and asked before all this started, so I'd be prepared for what was going to happen. I still don't agree with what *they* did, specifically....it's hard to explain everything about the situation....but I'll get over it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom