Another 3 unknown....

Cheepingchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 20, 2011
I got these 3 as eggs from a breeder as buff wyandottes.... but I think you will see why I think a mistake was made
big_smile.png
.... I am just wondering what you think they might be (I think they are still all Wyandottes just not 3 buff :)), and what sex..... fingers crossed not ALL boys but I have a bad feeling.... They are all 5 weeks old...

A. Pretty sure she is turning into a he - Comb is getting redder and Randy sure is the bossy one already!

B. The last 2 are simular but this one has darker lacing, and the comb is already becoming reddened as well :(

C. Luck last...

1st looks golden laced cockerel
2nd looks blue laced cockerel
3rd looks blue laced pullet

deffently not buffs as buffs do not have lacing
wink.png

heres the feathersite page for them http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Wyand/BRKWyand.html

Thanks for the link...

Was pretty sure they were still wyandottes but def knew they were not buff.... my face when they hatched must have a looked a little like this:
ep.gif

I was also pretty sure the first two were roos - just didn't want to believe it as I think we can only really have 1 (there are only 8 hens on the property and I don't want them bothered by 2 boys!)

The third I am crossing my fingers for but will just have to wait and see.... off to view your link!

its 4 hens per rooster and one rooster will be domant. could always break them into 2 groups. i currently have 2 roosters (1 oegb and 1 d'uccle) and 2 d'uccle pullets. i have some eggs coming in soon and i'm hoping for more pullets than cockerels if my hatch goes well. i am also looking for more oegb pullets to go with my oegb rooster.

its 4 hens per rooster and one rooster will be domant. could always break them into 2 groups. i currently have 2 roosters (1 oegb and 1 d'uccle) and 2 d'uccle pullets. i have some eggs coming in soon and i'm hoping for more pullets than cockerels if my hatch goes well. i am also looking for more oegb pullets to go with my oegb rooster.

yeah I could just keep both but it is a bit complicated- 8 free range hens between 2 families with 2 houses on 1 property.......

hope all goes well with your hatching!

Hi just wondering - there is a noticable difference between the last two chicks in that the first has a darker lace around the feathers -compared to the second chick - is this because one is probably a roo while the other is a hen or is it because one has better lacing ..... or is it something else altogether different.... they both look like blue laced wyandottes but maybe I am wrong?......
hu.gif

Hi just wondering - there is a noticable difference between the last two chicks in that the first has a darker lace around the feathers -compared to the second chick - is this because one is probably a roo while the other is a hen or is it because one has better lacing ..... or is it something else altogether different.... they both look like blue laced wyandottes but maybe I am wrong?......
hu.gif

they are both blue laced wyandottes. they are still in there chick stage so there ganna look funny for a while. lacing could improve with age. One does appear to have better lacing than the other but that could change

Back
Top Bottom