Another Broody Duck!

Pinball is ½ through, today was day 14 of 28! - I sneaked into the duck-house, while she was outside messing around with everybody and candled the eggs: 8 looked viable and alive, i saw pulsing blood vessels and things moving inside but one egg was a blank.
I need to make a video of Pinball's sister Pommes Duck; She is playing Dragon 🐉 every morning when i step into the duck-house: She plushes up, hisses at me and spits fire - she would if she could! :lau Then she runs out and stays outside for the whole day.

Good and bad news: The bad news first, two of Pinballs eggs have somehow vanished. I looked deep into her nest, there are no shell fragments, no trace.
The good news is that all the remaining six eggs looked like in the pictures below! I saw movement, pulsating blood vessels and in one case i am almost certain that a little bill was knocking at the shell…

How did you manage to get to candle ?
Two large bowls of fresh cold water will seduce even the broodiest duck! :gig
The sound of water splashing from the garden hose into a big rubber bowl is irresistable.
So both broodies came out and i could just walk in, remove the two eggs from Dragon Duck's nest and candled Pinball's eggs. Should have recorded a video, it was amazing!

Two large bowls of fresh cold water will seduce even the broodiest duck! :gig
The sound of water splashing from the garden hose into a big rubber bowl is irresistable.
So both broodies came out and i could just walk in, remove the two eggs from Dragon Duck's nest and candled Pinball's eggs. Should have recorded a video, it was amazing!
Congratulations! I candled mine, I have 4 out of 8 developing

Back
Top Bottom