Another Broody Duck!

So far none of the other three eggs has hatched and i can't see if they have pipped without risking my fingers and/or other valuable body parts: Pinball (Momma) has turned into a bolt cutter on legs and the other two ducks are vicious like Smaug and his (so far undiscovered) twin brother.
I can see the ducklings on the DuckyCam but whenever i run into the Duckhouse with the phone in my hand they're all back under momma!
I had to cloak my old phone behind a piece of bark before i could set it up to film them and here is the first HD video of the three new rascals:

Last edited:
So far none of the other three eggs has hatched and i can't see if they have pipped without risking my fingers and/or other valuable body parts: Pinball (Momma) has turned into a bolt cutter on legs and the other two ducks are vicious like Smaug and his (so far undiscovered) twin brother.
I can see the ducklings on the DuckyCam but whenever i run into the Duckhouse with the phone in my hand they're all back under momma!
I had to cloak my old phone behind a piece of bark before i could set it up to film them and here is the first HD video of the three new rascals:
Cute!

Today i spent a beautiful hour in the duck house, sitting next to Momma Duck Pinball and her four ducklings, watching other members of the Duck family come into the house to grab a bite and a sip of water, then walk back out. All while four little duckies were catching flies and curiously explored the big world:
The duck house is in dire need of a complete cleanout, but for obvious reasons that isn't possible right now, so there is a huge population of tiny little flies (?) crawling all over the place on which the ducklings are feeding.

Before i was able to sit down with my Duck family, i had to do the daily duck chores, collecting the eggs, filling up water and food, all the time being followed by Momma ducks eyes.
But after i sat down the small waterer for the ducklings and their food, all distrust went away, she even ate meal-worms out of my hand!

Good and bad news: The bad news first, two of Pinballs eggs have somehow vanished. I looked deep into her nest, there are no shell fragments, no trace.
The good news is that all the remaining six eggs looked like in the pictures below! I saw movement, pulsating blood vessels and in one case i am almost certain that a little bill was knocking at the shell…
GOOD JOB
WannaBeHillBilly
Love your Farm!!!!

Blackmailed by a Duck!!!

Today Pinball Duck decided she stayed inside of the duck-house long enough! So in the morning she jumped the fence while i was letting the ducks out and then just stood there, glaring at me as if she was saying »Humon tear down this wall!« - Or else you have to take care of my babies from now on.
She stared at me with a reptilian look, the four little ducklings were peeping louder and louder, the tea-kettle was whistling in the kitchen, what could i have done? I let the little ones loose, so they have spent their first day outside. And what a day it was: One was almost gulped down by Blanca Duck because it used the waterer as its bathtub. They visited the large duck-pool and learned how to get up and down the ramp. And the if you're a tiny duckling, just four days old those broadleaf plantains look like a jungle to you.
Video is uploading right now, only 55 Minutes left… :sick

Pinball Duck has no motherly feelings for her ducklings at all, we got a heavy thunderstorm here this evening, she and the other ducks were safely and dry sitting under the roof overhand, watching me running through the rain trying to catch four completely soaked ducklings. Had i dared to catch one of Katharinas ducklings last year i'd be missing a finger now…
Don't know what to do with those four ducklings! They have integrated themselves into the flock and were peeping like crazy at the duck-house door when i brought them in and gave them food and water while the other ducks prefered to stay outside, getting blisters from the hail. I'm so mad at Pinball!!! :mad:
At last, she is huddling with her offspring this night:
1591328991968.png

Back
Top Bottom