Another chicken coop to review and or admire. (****New Pics Added****)

Quote:
I see. I think you've done a great job and it has me considering trying something similar.

I would almost think that the darkest part would be the spot right under the window. Light is going to go in there and light up the rest of the area, ya? And maybe have the nest boxes come out from the structure, with the sloped hinged top that is common, and then you could have a little storage under the nest boxes.
Just a thought, maybe I'm crazy, lil, but I would try it, seems the most logical.
smile.png

Great little coop, I have been inspired, and will show dh, so he can better understand what I am wanting now, lol!

Last edited:
I love your coop and the pallets idea. I'm interested in building a structure out of pallets for an additional shelter/coop for my bantams. I was wondering how to make the pallet solid wood instead of the every other board open. Did you take wood from another pallet and add it to make a solid panel? How did you attach the pallets together?? Did you stack them on top of each other? I bet others would like this information also. Thanks, Judith

@ Ms. Cluckingly - I tore the Pallets apart with a 5 pound hammer and a crow bar. LOL Actually it did not take that long to tear them apart. Once I got into a routine it was actually pretty quick. Maybe an hour 2 at the most.

@Twelve Palms - Like I said I tore each pallet apart, once I had just the panels I then began to attach them to my 2x4 framing. Some areas, such as "The Cave" and the back wall of the run, I actually took a couple of panels and laid them horizontal and attached other panels vertically to them, thus creating a solid wall of panels. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you are still confused.

Back
Top Bottom