Another common sense Rooster Management page!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PortageGirl, Jan 1, 2010.

1. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I found this a very interesting read and thought some of you might also like it.

Keeping Your Roosters Sane

I found much in this article that makes sense to me, and hope you all do too.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    That page pretty much goes along with what I've always said. Don't try to make your rooster your friend. He has a job to do and so do you. Sometimes a rooster has to be taught that. Just MHO.

TKomla likes this.
  3. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    REALLY great info...thanks! [​IMG]

4. vtchickenlady

vtchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2008
    That was a really good read. I've tried everything except I can't pick-up my roo. He is just too fast and his spurs are 2 inches long!

5. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Great info, thanks!

6. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with you Gritstar. I have never tried to be cozy with my roos. I'm nice enough to them, but don't try to treat them 'special' and never have tried to cuddle them and all that very much even when they're small. I think that makes them less respectful of me. Your advice and Rooster-red's are all good as are many other things said here, I just thought this was worth posting because sometimes it's good to hear other 'voices' explaining things, even if they're basically the same message. We don't all understand things the same. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by