Another Craigslist ad...what the...???

They want a breeding pair of silkies to make an Asian soup from the offspring. I've eaten quite a bit of it when working in asia, the soup is mostly broth, with small amounts of meat at the bottom. Soup's actually pretty good.

You know I had a man from Honduras come and graciously ask me for a white hen. This gentleman was just that a gentleman and he explained to me with tears in his eyes that he needed a white female chicken because his doctor told him he had diabetes. He went on to explain that his friend in Honduras told him he must find a white female chicken and get the bile duct unbroken and freeze it then cut it into 4 parts and consume one part each week as a pill. He had to do this for 6 months. I asked the man if he wanted one of the RIR I had and he explained that it had to be from a white female chicken. This man was at my house once a month for 6 months and he swears to me that he no longer needs the insulin shots. Every time he came to buy a chicken he cried and held the bird as if it was the worst thing on the planet he could ever do. He would talk to the bird and apologize for having to take it's life and thank the chicken for it's help. I have no idea whether this worked or what, heck I don't even know if a chicken has a bile duct lol but I really felt for the guy. Yes it was weird and kinda freaky but the guy was genuine in his heart.

In many parts of the world they believe that it must be a certain color or gender of bird in order to obtain certain organs for medicinal purposes. Yes there are people that also use animals for ritual but the man that I met really thought he needed this for medicine. Each time he bought a bird from me he would promise me over and over that he was not going to eat the chicken but that it would not go to waste as his brother's family would take it as nourishment. (That's how he put it)

Last edited:
why shouldnt they have any?
hu.gif

I think they are asian and want breeder silkies for their medicine beliefs..
no different than us eating our white meat chickens...
if i had some i'd sell them a few..
they may be trying to save money by breeding their own meat..silkie meat can be expensive in asian markets..(i believe)
they should contact purple chicken..
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm with Red on this.

Plus, it looks to me as if the writer's first language is not English. But, I bet my attempt at Mandarin would be far worse than what they wrote
lol.png
So there is no way I'll judge them for mistaking fingers for toes
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I was fed so many "interesting" foods thru S.E. Asia, as I was expecting, and each country had a different dish "to give a stong son who loves mother". Silkie soup was the most normal thing, this cake made of bean paste and flower oil had the taste and texture of a dove bar.
sickbyc.gif

aww I hope someone helps him. breeding silkies for meat is no different than any other chicken and his grammer is just as good as many of ours on BYC at least mine at times. He does sound asain if there is such a thing as "sounding" in text.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom