Another deed done

Quote:
So sleep over at MooseHills place! Just name the time and date. If everyone is still in on the turkeys we can get 20 BB Bronze and BB white turkeys from texas poultry for $100, looks like all the other hatcheries are sold out.

The fatties are now "quartered" (yeah right), frozen and/or roasting. I didn't weigh anything but the legs and wings are definitely bigger than what we usually see. So what did I do with four fatties: all were skinned. I found that I have no patience for plucking. We definitely need to borrow/rent for he processing party. 1 left whole and currently slow roasting at 325 with oil, water, seasonings and spices. 1 split in half, washed and in freezer bags. 2: cut legs, wings, boneless, skinless breasts and some bony pieces that I'll cook and take the meat off. 1 cut chicken's pieces were brined and put in freezer bag. The other cut chicken was washed and put in two different marinades and freezer bags.

There are currently two large pots of fat, feet and excess simmering to make ?stock, broth? whatever.

The dog has enjoyed her organs fried and with some white meat cooked and pulled from a bony piece. I'm not ready for the domesticated 8lb dog to have raw meat and bones, but she now has two tupperware containers of cooked good stuff. She did give me that look of, "Are you sure this is for me?" So I guess it was good.

I have yet to taste the chicken. Working with it this morning was ok, it looked just like grocery store chicken. Opening my mouth is somehow harder. And the pics of them alive and drinking yesterday are not helping me separate!!

Quote:
Lucky doggie! And I swear I can smell that chicken roasting from here. Yum! Hope you've got a/c though. It is HOT to have the oven on!
I guess what you're describing about the fatties is how I'm worried I'll feel about processing my own. I hope I get to a point where I can do it. I'm not even close yet.

Quote:
Lucky doggie! And I swear I can smell that chicken roasting from here. Yum! Hope you've got a/c though. It is HOT to have the oven on!
I guess what you're describing about the fatties is how I'm worried I'll feel about processing my own. I hope I get to a point where I can do it. I'm not even close yet.

We'll have over 100 birds to do, there will be plenty for you to take home. You don't have to process of course, you can babysit the dogs, kids, and by that time kittens
big_smile.png

Quote:

We'll have over 100 birds to do, there will be plenty for you to take home. You don't have to process of course, you can babysit the dogs, kids, and by that time kittens
big_smile.png

Oh Alex will be in heaven! Kittens-his favorite!

Quote:
big_smile.png

Oh Alex will be in heaven! Kittens-his favorite!

Maybe you can sneak a puppy and a kitten home. I won't tell
wink.png

BTW our pregnant cat came in this morning and now she is on house arrest, she looks like she is going to pop
ep.gif
We're guessing she is 6-7 weeks pregnant, well atleast that's what our vet told us.

Here are some pictures of the pretty girl...

173.jpg
172.jpg
174.jpg

as a baby:
newkitten7-19-07035.jpg

and the possible dad..
l_66bb1a6837dcd9b159309c62ae2cb5ca.jpg
l_3e52aca742bee884cbf37b8e32ca634e.jpg

as a baby:
newkittenbabyducks044.jpg

Back
Top Bottom