Another Duck/Goose Lover to add to the Byc Family from Orlando Florida!

Ica94

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 23, 2014
Hello everyone!
I have decided to join BYC because I always seem to come to this website when it comes to advice on raising ducks, geese and other poultry livestock. So why not become a member? :D My love for ducks and geese recently grew in the past year. I have moved to a house that had a pond in the back and there is a lone white Chinese gander that resides there. At first the goose puzzled me since I didn't know anything about geese or ducks. But when the gander first approached my house, I grew to love the little guy! He has such a personality that is very human like. We regularly feed him everyday since he has a routine now of coming to our house for breakfast and dinner. Other houses around the pond also feed him, and I soon found out that the gander does have an owner which happens to be my neighbor! The pond also has many other ducks, such as Muscovy and mallards, that regularly bathe and dwaddle in the pond. I have come to the conclusion that I would love to raise two pekin ducks and add them to the family that has started in this little pond of ours. Before I begin my journey in raising two ducks, I am doing extensive research on how to care for them when they are ducklings and ofcourse prepare them before I introduce them to the pond. I hope BYC will help me in my journey and the people of this community will give great advice on the way I can raise these ducks right. Go duck/Geese lovers!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have made a new friend for sure. Good luck with your new duck project, hope you get your ducklings soon!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, I too think you have made a friend for life. Enjoy all your fun adventures and welcome to our flock!

Last edited:
Welcome from SE Virginia! I am also about to start raising ducks, and have certainly learned a lot from here. Good luck with your new duckie pals, I can't wait to get mine :)

Back
Top Bottom