Another egg ??? what else is there?

bulldog-girl

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Estacada, OR
I am new to having chickens. I have 12 grown hens and so far have not boiled thier eggs. The main reason is that in some of the eggs there is a bit of floating "schmutz" or somthing I can't identify anyway. I just pick it out and use the egg as normal. Does candleing expose the hidden "goodie" in the egg? I don't want to bite down on a boiled and and find a surprise. What are these little floaties anyway?
hu.gif

Last edited:
They're blood spots. Nothing to worry about. Are they new layers? It should stop. At the beginning, my eggs had them too, but I haven't seen any in a long time.

Some of them are a year or a little older. The spots don't appear to look like blood. I have had a couple of those. These almost look like a peice of grain or something and some of the spots are white.:|

Do you have any roos around?
If you look at store bought eggs there is a white bit next to the yolk, I'm thinking that is what you are seeing...sometimes it has a "string" along with it?

No roos. The white thing is not the thing with the string. This is just a white piece of something floating around in the white. Oh well. I am sure we won't die if we eat it.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom