1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another First!!!!! YAY SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mrbstephens, Sep 15, 2009.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is Johanna working on her first. PLEASE let this be a green or blue. My other EE is laying a cream colored egg. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  2. mrbstephens

Yesterday I heard her sing the egg song and saw her in the nesting box for a few minutes. Today.....again with the egg song in the morning and she sat in her nesting box 1 1/2 hours. She came out singing the egg song. I was like [​IMG] , but NOTHING! [​IMG]
    Is she egg bound? What should I watch for?

3. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    it takes a while for the first egg just keep an eye on her see what she does

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    She's practicing. [​IMG] Eggs will come.

5. mrbstephens

Quote:I thought that....I also thought she may be playing with my emotions. [​IMG]

6. mrbstephens

This evening when I went to lock up the coop I thought I'd give the nesting box a quick look and there it was!!!!!!!! YAY! And GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (The one on the left is an xtra large from my other EE, Alma [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  7. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    Congrats!!! [​IMG] That is one beautiful egg!

8. Birchwood

Birchwood Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2009
    Southern Vermont
    Congrats!!! I have some EE's that still have acouple months until eggs. I cant wait to see what color eggs they will lay!!!

9. mrbstephens

I know! I was a little disappointed in our first EEs egg, because of it's color, but I think it's considered PINK??? I'm SOOOOO happy this new one is GREEN!!!!!!! [​IMG]

10. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Congrats! She looks like my EE who laid the first egg of my flock and it was light green!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by