Another Golden Girl Gone :(

ther00ster'scr0w

Songster
10 Years
Dec 28, 2009
Bay Area CA
Even though I am a teenage guy and the Golden Girls is way beyond my time I still think the show is HILARIOUS. but just today I found out that Rue McClanahan (Blanche) died on Thursday from a stroke. Estelle Getty (Sophia) died in 2008 and Bea Arthur (Dorothy) died in 2009.

Anyone else out there a Golden girls fan?! I know plenty of other people (some young) who love the show!

*In one episode Rose had a piano playing chicken (Count Betsy-one of my chickens named after) so they support chickens haha

Oh I am a huge GG fan! Ive seen every single episode at least 2x most of them 5+!
I was always laughed at for it but I never cared
big_smile.png

It is sad she died
sad.png

RIP

Last edited:
Huge fan too!! They don't have good shows like that anymore-I could watch them over and over and never get tired of them-my daughters been hooked onthem since her teens to-was also sad to here about her death to.

I know, I hate it!
hit.gif
RIP Rue! I love watching that show, ever since I was a kid. My 9 yr old niece told me yesterday, I said NO! I knew Rue had been in poor health here lately. I just hate to see them go! I recently saw her on an episode of Celebrity Ghost Stories, where she had contact with her best friend that had died. She said he told her dying was "no big deal"

My kids got hooked on it a few years back, and thanks to Rue's character, I had to explain to them what a "slut" is!
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom