Another guess the mom?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Angel has me stumped, she’s white and yellow like I’d expect from my cinnamon queen but the egg was small and my cinnamon queen is 2 years old. I thought maybe my Buff chanteclers but she didn’t have the stripes like my other buffs chick did, I thought maybe my cinnamon queens baby who is now a laying hen could have laid her egg but she’s much too dark, even as a chick she was dark orange. Her dad is a pure light Brahma. I’ll attach images of all my lighter colored hens who don’t have fluffy cheeks and lay brown eggs.

The Buff Brahmas are much too young, and the flock picture should have all my lighter hens in it? I think the lighters breeds are; Cinnamon queen, Australorp, Cinnamon queen x barred barnyard(the dark orange who might have hidden yellow) and I believe that is it? Other than my Buff chantecler, but her last chick was striped. She does look EXACTLY like my cinnamon queens chicks just with feathered feet but again the egg was much too small for a 2 year old.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_8394.jpeg
    IMG_8394.jpeg
    578 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8395.jpeg
    IMG_8395.jpeg
    388.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8396.jpeg
    IMG_8396.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6226.jpeg
    IMG_6226.jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8019.jpeg
    IMG_8019.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7570.jpeg
    IMG_7570.jpeg
    579.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6828.jpeg
    IMG_6828.jpeg
    908.6 KB · Views: 10
The mother is most likely one of the red sex links, but could also be the white hen with black speckles in the last picture. Red sex links have the dominant white gene that will cover black coloring in the offspring, so they will be mostly white.

The mother is most likely one of the red sex links, but could also be the white hen with black speckles in the last picture. Red sex links have the dominant white gene that will cover black coloring in the offspring, so they will be mostly white.
Would a cinnamon queen or the cinnamon queen mix qualify as a red sex link? I do know some of my hens have recessive lavender but I’m not sure on which ones have hidden yellow or white.

I didn’t think of Calypso as the mom too much (the austrawhite) because I’d think the chick would have at least one black spot and grey feet but her feet are VERY orange

Back
Top Bottom