Another Heat Lamp Question.

DollyGirl64

Chirping
Jun 2, 2021
Hi all, sorry if this seems redundant but I can't seem to find the answer I need. My girls are 8 weeks old tomorrow and have been in their coop in the barn for a few weeks. It's going to drop below 50 tonight and I am wondering if I should turn their heat lamp on? Not sure I'll get an answer this late but thought it would be worth a try. I have one chick that is smaller than the rest and I worry about her as she can't perch yet due to a bad leg. I want her to be warm. Thanks much.

Hi all, sorry if this seems redundant but I can't seem to find the answer I need. My girls are 8 weeks old tomorrow and have been in their coop in the barn for a few weeks. It's going to drop below 50 tonight and I am wondering if I should turn their heat lamp on? Not sure I'll get an answer this late but thought it would be worth a try. I have one chick that is smaller than the rest and I worry about her as she can't perch yet due to a bad leg. I want her to be warm. Thanks much.
Maybe you can create a little resting place for that one chick on the ground, but the rest should be okay at that temperature!:)

Maybe you can create a little resting place for that one chick on the ground, but the rest should be okay at that temperature!:)
Good morning and thank you! There are still a few that like to burrow on the ground but she is always on the perimeter of the group, and yesterday morning she was by herself under the lamp which had not been on.

Back
Top Bottom