Another Hobby that we are getting ready to start

lau57rin

Songster
6 Years
Jan 18, 2016
North east Alabama
Hello my name is Laurin and my wife and I just purchased a home that was built in 1916 and we are in the process of trying to restore it. We haven't actually purchased any chickens to raise as of yet, hence the reason that I am on this site. I served in our Navy for thirty years and I worked on our submarines. Everything has a procedure and there is a procedure for everything. I had chickens about thirty years ago but I just helped.

I am trying to make sure that I have enough stuff so that when we get our first chicks they will live and minimize attrition. I have plenty of time before we actually start raising chickens but I just want to be prepared. I was a Boy Scout too. Be patient and be gentle with me but I hope to learn a lot from you.

Thank you for this site and I look forward to learning from you.

Laurin

welcome-byc.gif

If you haven't already done so, check out the Learning Center. It's full of good articles about all sorts of poultry topics like how to select the breeds best for you, how to protect them from predators, what are good chicken treats, etc.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have questions, always feel free to ask. There are a lot of very helpful, knowledgeable members here and everyone is good about helping out. The Search box in the upper left corner (under the logo) is also good for finding information when you need it.

Thank you for your years of service, make yourself at home here!

Hello my name is Laurin and my wife and I just purchased a home that was built in 1916 and we are in the process of trying to restore it. We haven't actually purchased any chickens to raise as of yet, hence the reason that I am on this site. I served in our Navy for thirty years and I worked on our submarines. Everything has a procedure and there is a procedure for everything. I had chickens about thirty years ago but I just helped.

I am trying to make sure that I have enough stuff so that when we get our first chicks they will live and minimize attrition. I have plenty of time before we actually start raising chickens but I just want to be prepared. I was a Boy Scout too. Be patient and be gentle with me but I hope to learn a lot from you.

Thank you for this site and I look forward to learning from you.

Laurin

Welcome to BYC! Thank you for your service in the Navy! Don't worry about us getting after you. We know how to adapt to help others get the information they need and try to make sense. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Very nice to meet you Laurin, Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. Thank you sincerely for your years in service with the Navy. I do think the Learning Center is the best place to start a chicken education. If you still have questions please do come back and ask us. That is what we are here for.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Good luck with your planning and I hope that you enjoy the experience of keeping chickens as much as the rest of us.

All the best
Ct

Back
Top Bottom