Another important feed question for goslings

ElGoose

Songster
May 27, 2023
Hey! I’m just wondering what to do really as I have another 2-5 days until my actual waterfowl starter feed arrives (no place in my area sells it! The shops are useless here and this was the fastest delivery I could get)
I know people say to mix brewers yeast in with chick crumb but they just hate it wet, they only like eating it fairly dry (they always have access to water which we clean out very frequently) and we are at a loss of what to do and incredibly worried about how they will grow 😥 we feed them a lot of lettuce and fresh clean grass alongside their diet but we aren’t sure if it’s enough? What can I put alongside their diet that will help for now 😭
Another issue we ran into was running out of our initial chick crumb and having to get more, but the useless seller advertising it as starter chick crumb failed to tell us it was for 4-6 week old and are more like tiny pellets! I’m furious! i need to find that man and give him a kick up the arse for that!
Please if you have any suggestions or help let me know 😥 or if you’re local (we live on the outskirts of Huddersfield) and have waterfowl starter crumb would you be open to selling us some and getting it here 😅

Hey! I’m just wondering what to do really as I have another 2-5 days until my actual waterfowl starter feed arrives (no place in my area sells it! The shops are useless here and this was the fastest delivery I could get)
I know people say to mix brewers yeast in with chick crumb but they just hate it wet, they only like eating it fairly dry (they always have access to water which we clean out very frequently) and we are at a loss of what to do and incredibly worried about how they will grow 😥 we feed them a lot of lettuce and fresh clean grass alongside their diet but we aren’t sure if it’s enough? What can I put alongside their diet that will help for now 😭
Another issue we ran into was running out of our initial chick crumb and having to get more, but the useless seller advertising it as starter chick crumb failed to tell us it was for 4-6 week old and are more like tiny pellets! I’m furious! i need to find that man and give him a kick up the arse for that!
Please if you have any suggestions or help let me know 😥 or if you’re local (we live on the outskirts of Huddersfield) and have waterfowl starter crumb would you be open to selling us some and getting it here 😅
How old are you goslings ?

They are about a week old now, they’re very happy and healthy and are running around, pooping a lot, drinking and eating etc and sleeping but I’m just worried about the food
I got my gosling at 5 weeks so I’m not sure about the younger
But my ducklings I change from starter to grower by 2 weeks
And it’s crumble
I never wet my feed down and I use nutritional yeast not brewers and they gobble it like crazy
A 2 week old duckling would be the size of a 1 week old gosling so wonder if they could handle the crumble without wetting it down ?
Hopefully others who raise younger ones will jump in and give advice
Can you get chick feed where you are till your water foul feed comes in ? You can give starter chicken feed non medicated
This is what I use for my ducks and my gosling as I can’t get water foul feed around here
@Miss Lydia

And it’s crumble
I never wet my feed down and I use nutritional yeast not brewers and they gobble it like crazy
A 2 week old duckling would be the size of a 1 week old gosling so wonder if they could handle the crumble without wetting it down ?
Can you get chick feed where you are till your water foul feed comes in ? You can give starter chicken feed non medicated
This is what I use for my ducks and my gosling as I can’t get water foul feed around here
@Miss Lydia
Tysm for the response! I think pets at home sells unmedicated and right now they have a smallish grower pellet that they seem to be eating fine but I just want them getting the right nutrients! I’ll look into nutritional yeast thank you!

And it’s crumble
@Miss Lydia
Just wondering woukd this be a good brand to get? It’ll arrive tomorrow Hoosier Hill Farm - Yeast Flakes with B12 (454 g) Savory Condiment https://amzn.eu/d/2hpG4KG

You can get medicated chick crumbles in a pinch if they are available. Unlike what urban legend says it isn’t toxic to waterfowl, it just is lacking in high enough concentrations of niacin, thiamine and every other B and possibly E and others too.
If they won’t eat the feed wet put the nutritional yeast in their water instead.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom