Another Little Tikes Playhouse Coop!

NonnasBabies

Muddy Acre Farms
12 Years
Sep 20, 2009
Pride, La.
Well, I always enjoyed looking at the pics when someone posted them but never figured I'd need one till someone not to long ago made a comment about using one as a grow out coop. I had been trying to figure out a way to get 4 8 weeks olds out the brooder and on the ground and it was like a light bulb went off when I read it and I thought that's a brilliant idea!! So I posted on Freecycle and had 4 people offer them to me! So for about $25.00 I have another coop in my run!!

41543_img_0572.jpg

41543_img_0573.jpg

And here's a couple of pic of my coop & run. The whole thing is 21 x 32 and the 3 sided coop is 5 x 16. In there I also have a seperate area that is 8 x 8 area with a 4 x 4 nursery coop.

41543_img_0574.jpg

41543_img_0576.jpg

Thanks for looking!!
Missi

Really, really nice! I would love to find some Little Tikes stuff for my big community pen------my goats would love climbing on some of that!
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks! Try posting on your local Freecycle or in the free section on Craigs List and you'll probably get some replies!!
smile.png

Missi

What a beautiful set up and a wonderful use of a playhouse that probably would've ended up at the landfill before too long. Well done!

You know I was worried about them being hotter in this than in their brooder but they don't seem to hardly pant at all in this thing!! That's really good!!

Missi

Quote:
Thanks... Yea that would draw the kiddies in there!!
wink.png
I'm lucky and don't have any little ones anymore!! My kids won't step foot in my coop!!
barnie.gif

Missi

I have thought about trying the Little Tykes Coop (we are still in the process of deciding if we want to try our hand at building or just buy prefab), but hubby says it wouldn't be fair to bring one home and tell our 5 & 7 year old daughters that they don't get to play with it!
smile.png

I have seen them offered for only $25/$50 on craigslist around here.. I suppose at that price I could buy two.. one for the girls and one for the other girls!
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom