1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another..Look What I found

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by AugeredIn, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Hey Alea, look what I couldn't resist.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Dany12

Dany12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Both .... spalding ???

3. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

White Spauldings, nice. [​IMG] Have they been in isolation or did you put them straight into general pop?

4. They are both 75%+ spaldings. They are in isolation with a pair of peach and a spalding BS split to charcoal hen for a couple of weeks. Then they will go into a full size grow out pen until January of 2016.

5. KsKingBee

I take it that you will be deworming and treating for cocci the first couple of weeks while they are in isolation?

6. They were recently wormed. Will get a round of Valbazen in a couple of weeks. I don't use Corid, Sulmet or Metrodinazole unless I have to.

7. KsKingBee

It always interests me how people with lots of experience and lots of birds do things, thanks.

8. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Where do you find all these birds?

-Kathy

Edited to add: Congrats, I'm jealous!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  9. They came from Rocking BAB Ranch. Hard to get a hold of. You can see the adults in Alea's thread on Farm Day.

10. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Did you have them shipped or are you close enough that you could pick them up?

-Kathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by