Another Made in China junk !

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by arianna, Sep 21, 2011.

1. arianna

arianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    Another Made in China junk! [​IMG]
    The quality of made in China electronics went from bad to worst in the past years. Unfortunately it is almost impossible this days to find anything that is not made in China. We bought all new appliances two years ago when we moved in the new house. All supposed to be close to the top of the line, (not the most expensive, but not the cheapest ones either) and we were expecting to get many years out of them (all GE Profile). The microwave exploded this morning [​IMG] , the refrigerator was serviced twice (compressor broke down and had to be replaced)[​IMG] , the dishwasher door sometimes closes sometimes doesn't, [​IMG] the so call "energy efficient" and water saver wash machine it's a nightmare. It only sprinkles the clothes with water and it takes 78 minutes for one cleaning cycle, and of course because it doesn't clean anything I always have to run it twice (yeap, that's very energy efficient). [​IMG]
    Ohh, how much I miss my 20 year old whirlpool wash machine that I left with the old house, with its rugged look and three buttons, but excellent and reliable quality, from the time when electronics were still made in US.
    To top it up, my color printer that I got for my birthday last year goes crazy all the time on me because it can't read the wireless connection, it "eats" the expensive color ink, it gives me some horrible photos, and I'm just about to throw it out the window. I supposed I need to hook back my 12 year old color printer with my 98' Windows that still works like a charm and never let me down. I told my husband that if we need to get some decent appliances this days we need to start shopping at the flea market for anything that was built more than 10 years ago (seriously). My husband laughed about it but I didn't. Few months ago I bought from the flea market this commercial grade Dayton vacuum made by Granger in the 80's (they don't make those anymore, and now most Granger vacuums are made in Mexico), I paid $15 for it and I replaced my 2 year old Dyson (all whistles and bells, but doesn't suck anything). I absolutely love this old vacuum. It is heavy and harder to maneuver, but sucks the life out of my carpet. I only have to run it on the carpet once an I know it's clean.

2. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    I totally feel your pain.
    I bought a maytag portable dishwasher since I don't have room for a built in YET. Got the one that can be easily converted to under the counter. (paid extra for that) I had the repairman out within 30 days of purchase since the built in disposer was "growling". He pulled it apart and found 4 YES 4 bolts laying in it just rattling away along with a plug made of plastic that I was told they should have removed. [​IMG] It took 3 hours to run a load really, seriously it did. AND to top it off the stupid thing quit on me after less than 14 months in service.

[​IMG]

I am now the proud owner of a $650 dish drainer. [​IMG]

3. arianna

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    Don't you just love it when things break down as soon as that warranty expires? [​IMG]

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    So your dyson was a piece of crap? I almost bought one....but the reviews talked about the cheap plastic (canister model). I have a front loading washer that I hate. When I was clothes I want to use WATER....lots of water. It is okay to save water flushing crap down the toilet but when I get clothes dirty I want WATER to clean the crap out! I have dogs, cats, chickens and grandkids. My messes are not slightly soiled spots....
    sharon

5. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I seriously believe that manufacturers are making inferior products that have a much shorter life-span than they did 20 yrs ago.
    Face it, if it lasts forever, they dont make as much money...
    It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    My Dyson Animal has been working GREAT for over 5-6 yrs now... The suction is still the same as day one. And i have a HEAVY vacuum load every day. (8 indoor cats and 2 dogs)
    I used to go through a vacuum a year(they always clogged and lost suction)... I'll be getting another Dyson (if), i ever need another vacuum again. It hasnt lost any suction power in all these years.
    So.. sorry you had a bad Dyson, but mine is wonderful.

I agree with you about everything else though... [​IMG]

7. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    Quote:That is exactly why Oldsmobile isn't on the market anymore.

8. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Quote:Do you have the canister or upright?

9. arianna

Sep 8, 2010
    North Carolina
    Quote:Do you have the canister or upright?

I have the DC25 HEPA Bagless Upright Vacuum, and for the money I paid for it I am very disappointed. It has no power, has cheap plastic parts that break easy, and the cable is very short (I have to use extension cords with it). I was very excited when I first got it (this was my spoil vacuum) but after a little bit more than one year of use I will not recommend it. Perhaps the older version were made better, or maybe I just got a bad unit, I don't know, but I don’t like it at all.

10. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Right there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by