Another Made in China junk !

Quote:
That is exactly why Oldsmobile isn't on the market anymore.

YEP, I agree with you both! Wish I still had that 87' olds and I have had more washers and dryers in the last 10 years than my mom has had in her life time and she is 67!!!!

Quote:
Right there.

x2
thumbsup.gif

It's all junk. It doesn't matter how much you pay for it. I bought an $11 shutoff valve for a hose, made by Nelson; once a quality name, in irrigation supplies....I liked the look of it, due to the large shutoff handle. I get so tired of small handles that can't be turned, without a pair of pliers, if the pressure is on.

It was a simple ball valve. The design has been around for ages and works, even the ones made of all plastic. This thing lasted 3 weeks, before it simply would not shut off the flow of water...It was designed to look good, and get your attention on the self. It was, in my conspiratorial mind, designed to actually fail, just like it did.

My friend installs garage doors, and bought one of those cordura tool carriers, which looks sort of like an old fashioned carpenter's box, with lots of pockets and pouches, inside and out. He had a place for everything.

Today, we get ready to install a door, and I see all of his wrenches in one of the inside pouches, when had always put them in an outside pocket.

In the process of work, I put the wrenches back where they always were, and upon picking the carrier up, to put it back in the truck, the wrenches fell out of the bottom of the pocket. This thing is only about 3 months old.

It would probably cost an extra .50 to go to a higher quality thread, and use and extra run of stitching to make a product that would last for years.

Back
Top Bottom