1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Another Neighbor thread...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Sherry, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    2 Weeks ago I watched the neighbors new 8 month old GSD shred my one and only white guinea. They were horrified, I told them I have plenty others, not to worry about it. Don't know how they did it, but he has since learned guineas are off limits and he won't even look at one when they're close to him.

Since then, I have come home from work and found my hay fields cut, with the hay baled and stacked in the barn. Other areas have been bush hogged, and all the brush at the end of my driveway has been cleared out.

While stacking the hay, they realised I do not have electricity in my barn, now they want to remedy that! [​IMG]

1) I guess I didn't realize just how much one white guinea is worth, OR
    2) June is "adopt a neighbor " month. [​IMG]

Actually, I could write pages and pages about the nice things they've done for me over the past couple of years.

I am so blessed and I LOVE my neighbors! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    Your neighbors are good people!!! There should be more of them in this world.

3. ChickenDreamer

ChickenDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Northern Ontario
    I may be a lil sensitive this morning but your post brought tears to my eyes. We need more of this, everywhere.

4. MiddleChild

MiddleChild Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Eastern Massachusetts
    I have 2 sets of neighbors who are incredibly helpful - when I have to be out of town for work they come and chicken-sit, just so they can watch the ongoing comedy. They also cut brush, and weed and water my gardens and potted plants. When hubby is feeling poorly (post-cancer recovery) they come over and do for him as well. So much for my EX-hubby's snotty attitude of "I don' need no steenkin' neighbors". Or friends, for that matter.

5. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  6. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    This post just brought a smile to my face.. I am a positive minded person and it is sometimes hard to stay that way with some of the meaness in the world. Often, people seem to be in too much of a rush to appreciate the world around them - even a "thank-you" when someone holds the door for me seems to surprise some.. So nice to hear a story about some good, caring people helping out others... Thanks so much for sharing

Shelly

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    So nice to see good neighbor posts! I have had neighbors clean the snow from my drive.When I needed professionals for repairs they sent people over.

8. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    How awesome your neighbors are. It brought tears to my eyes also. It is really nice to hear about good neighbors. [​IMG]

9. itsmechrissy

itsmechrissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    Wow, what a great story of kindness... I want your neighbors too!!!

10. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    If everyone was like those neighbors, the world would be a much better place! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by