Another Neighbor thread...

Sherry

Songster
12 Years
Apr 8, 2007
Southern WV
2 Weeks ago I watched the neighbors new 8 month old GSD shred my one and only white guinea. They were horrified, I told them I have plenty others, not to worry about it. Don't know how they did it, but he has since learned guineas are off limits and he won't even look at one when they're close to him.

Since then, I have come home from work and found my hay fields cut, with the hay baled and stacked in the barn. Other areas have been bush hogged, and all the brush at the end of my driveway has been cleared out.

While stacking the hay, they realised I do not have electricity in my barn, now they want to remedy that!
big_smile.png

1) I guess I didn't realize just how much one white guinea is worth, OR
2) June is "adopt a neighbor " month.
lol.png

Actually, I could write pages and pages about the nice things they've done for me over the past couple of years.

I am so blessed and I LOVE my neighbors!
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

I have 2 sets of neighbors who are incredibly helpful - when I have to be out of town for work they come and chicken-sit, just so they can watch the ongoing comedy. They also cut brush, and weed and water my gardens and potted plants. When hubby is feeling poorly (post-cancer recovery) they come over and do for him as well. So much for my EX-hubby's snotty attitude of "I don' need no steenkin' neighbors". Or friends, for that matter.

This post just brought a smile to my face.. I am a positive minded person and it is sometimes hard to stay that way with some of the meaness in the world. Often, people seem to be in too much of a rush to appreciate the world around them - even a "thank-you" when someone holds the door for me seems to surprise some.. So nice to hear a story about some good, caring people helping out others... Thanks so much for sharing

Shelly

So nice to see good neighbor posts! I have had neighbors clean the snow from my drive.When I needed professionals for repairs they sent people over.

How awesome your neighbors are. It brought tears to my eyes also. It is really nice to hear about good neighbors.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom