OK, first things first, I have no idea about chickens, a friend gave a chick to my daughter 6'ish months ago and she has fallen in love raising this chicken. It just swallowed a nerf dart, which is roughly the size of a persons index finger. There are a couple of threads here and there in this forum with the same issue...but never a response as to what has happened to the chicken. My guess is that it will kill it because it is such a big object and will get stuck in its digestive tract, but like I said I have no idea about chickens. The terrible thing is yesterday was my little girls 9th birthday and the only thing she wanted was the "Barbie Chicken Farmer" (yes oddly there is such a thing) and she loves pretending the Barbie is her. If anyone has any info, please share.