Another newbie

Hi and a belated welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

What part of Tennessee are you in? Do reach out to the hatchery as at minimum they should refund your money. Stop by and visit with us on the Tennessee thread when you have a sec. And soooo very sorry that you lost so many :hugs :hugs
Didn’t know there was a TN thread. I’ll check it out. I’m between Nashille and Chattanooga.

It’s an open air coop and very secure. Heat source is one of those yellow heat plates they can get under - sorry I can’t think of the brand.
I'd set up a large box on it's side with the top flap taped down where it with be sheltered from wind and rain and put their brooder plate in the box with bedding and raise then in the coop and run.

I'd set up a large box on it's side with the top flap taped down where it with be sheltered from wind and rain and put their brooder plate in the box with bedding and raise then in the coop and run.
I moved them out yesterday. Stapled plastic on 3 sides, moved food/water/Brunsea brooder in with them, added 2 levels of “practice “ perches. Found them today on the higher one. One more hop and they’ll be up on the “big chick” perch. They really seem to have adjusted well to their permanent home. I have a thermometer in there as well to keep an eye on the temperature.

I moved them out yesterday. Stapled plastic on 3 sides, moved food/water/Brunsea brooder in with them, added 2 levels of “practice “ perches. Found them today on the higher one. One more hop and they’ll be up on the “big chick” perch. They really seem to have adjusted well to their permanent home. I have a thermometer in there as well to keep an eye on the temperature.
They will THRIVE out there! Good move.

Back
Top Bottom