Another question about Ideal hatchery/ Chicks came at 2 PM Pictures included page 3

Depends on when thier hatch day is, hatcheries hatch chicks on certain days and package them that day, then when they mail it takes usualy 2 days to get them

I live in California and when I ordered my chicks from Ideal Poultry, it took two days to receive them at the Post Office. They sent me a notice that they hatched on Tuesday and were shipped that evening. I picked them up on Thursday. Hope this helps. Also, you should be getting an e-mail notification from Ideal Poultry that your chicks have been shipped and receive them within 72 hours. At leas that's how it worked for me. Good luck with your baby chicks.

So far I have only got the email after I sent them the money for the chicks and that was last Friday so I suppose if what your saying is what happens then I won't get a email till tomorrow saying they have hatched.

Good information I didn't know they would let you know when they hatch. :)

If anyone wants to share other info on Ideal hatchery please feel free.

I think no matter where mail is going its normal for it to take 3 days snail mail and air mail is 2 days.

I ordered from ideal a couple years ago. I have to say I was very happy with both the customer service and my whole experience. The post office lost the chicks unfortunatly for almost 2 days so I spent 2 days calling ideal and the post office every couple hours! It was like loosing a baby I swear! lol then suddenly in the late afternoon of the 4th day I opened my front door and there they were on my door step! I know they weren't there for more than 2 hours as they weren't there when I got home....... I know that nobody knocked either as my dog goes crazy when theres a knock at the door. I got an "oh sh@* found them now drop them quick and blame her" kinda delivery from our wonderful post office. Noisy as all could be and cold but every single 1 of them made it and they were all healthy happy babies...... I still have 2 of them today but I did sell the rest off as I have slowly replaced them with show quality stock. I was suprised at how nice the silkies I got really were. They were nice, just not as nice as what I have now : ) They still weeks later didn't show being delivered so I could have really screwed them and ideal and gotten a second shipment if I was that type of person, but I'm not..... Idea was great to deal with thru it all though and they even made it a point to call me a couple days later to see how they were doing after being lost, she said if I had lost any they would have replaced them no questions asked or refunded my $!!! if I ever order layers again and don't care about quality it would be them for sure+++

I ordered from ideal a couple years ago. I have to say I was very happy with both the customer service and my whole experience. The post office lost the chicks unfortunatly for almost 2 days so I spent 2 days calling ideal and the post office every couple hours! It was like loosing a baby I swear! lol then suddenly in the late afternoon of the 4th day I opened my front door and there they were on my door step! I know they weren't there for more than 2 hours as they weren't there when I got home....... I know that nobody knocked either as my dog goes crazy when theres a knock at the door. I got an "oh sh@* found them now drop them quick and blame her" kinda delivery from our wonderful post office. Noisy as all could be and cold but every single 1 of them made it and they were all healthy happy babies...... I still have 2 of them today but I did sell the rest off as I have slowly replaced them with show quality stock. I was suprised at how nice the silkies I got really were. They were nice, just not as nice as what I have now : ) They still weeks later didn't show being delivered so I could have really screwed them and ideal and gotten a second shipment if I was that type of person, but I'm not..... Idea was great to deal with thru it all though and they even made it a point to call me a couple days later to see how they were doing after being lost, she said if I had lost any they would have replaced them no questions asked or refunded my $!!! if I ever order layers again and don't care about quality it would be them for sure+++

OMG how horrible ...

I hope I don't have to go through all of that. Its Wed now and still no notification so yea I am getting a bit worried and trying not to be.

Don't worry to much, just because you ordered chicks last week does not mean they will get shipped right away sometimes it can take two or more weeks for them to contact you saying your chicks are ready to be shipped

Oh my gosh I think I will have exploded by then lol just kidding

Geez and here they said May 23rd they would hatch and be available crossing fingers for them to arrive by friday!

Back
Top Bottom